Standing on the very spot of my earliest memory in life, outside the Buffalo Nations Luxton Museum in Banff, Alberta, Canada. I remember it was a sunny day, I was standing on the banks of this river, I was barely taller than the grass, and there was adragonfly... the beginning of a very good life! * found my mother's diary of this very trip, and now know this was Wednesday, June 8, 1960 ... so, it's not my first memory, but a very special one, one that lay forgotten until I happened to drive by the spot I thought I'd never been & was suddenly overwhelmed with deja vu. Memory is a fascinating thing, sometimes laying dormant and waiting for a smell, a sound, some trigger, to bring it all back, so fresh.
In a nutshell: 58 years young,
grey hair & green eyes, athletic,
German-Scotish-Japanese,
married almost 30 years to a wonderful guy, 3 INCREDIBLE kids, divorced, & living with the local nurseryman.
2 comments:
Dear Lynn, what a wonderful tribute to your mother. love, cathy & lee
I'm wondering why you would feel that way--
jw
Post a Comment