

Haven't blogged in awhile -- one reason is because things are so busy at work since my boss passed away on Dec. 5th. Hard to imagine where all that energy goes when someone that dynamic is gone -- they say that energy is actually measurable, and that it's just a few ounces. But WHAT a few ounces it is!
I've always enjoyed working with older men: first my dad, then Hal Simpson @ Simpson's Nursery, and then George Jaber. It was hard to see him become so frustrated with his physical self when his mind was still so sharp. I regret I didn't hug him goodbye the last time I saw him, I don't regret the fact that not long ago I told him how much I enjoyed spending time with him, and I'll always cherish him telling me he wished he was 30 years younger so he could go on a hike with me!
Also passing in December was my old neighbor, Harvey Rydman, age 90. Harvey always had a twinkle in his eye, a spring in his step, and a project on the horizon, and never a mean thing to say about anyone. Can't do much better than that.
Then last week, Mike Malloy's father passed away, age 80. I didn't know him, but if he was anything like Mike, then I know I'd have liked him.
This all makes me realize anew how lucky my dad was to be working up to the moment he died -- as my cousin, Kay (now gone, too) told me, "If you could write your own ticket, that would be it." So true.
No comments:
Post a Comment